Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grilled Caesar Salad


After making my slow-cooked baby back ribs, I knew that I needed a light accompaniment.  After seeing the Neely's make this salad on their show, I was both intrigued about grilling the lettuce and excited about testing their theories out.  I used a Cuisinart Griddler at medium heat to grill my romaine, and I loved both the taste and simplicity of this recipe!

Grilled Caesar Salad
Adapted from the Neely's Grilled Caesar Salad recipe (Food Network)

Ingredients
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 cup EVOO, plus 3 more tablespoons for grilling
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus extra FRESHLY grated Parmesan for serving
  • 3 heads of romaine lettuce hearts, sliced lengthwise in 1/2
  • salt and pepper

Directions
  1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
  2. In a blender, combine the garlic, lemon juice, and mustard.  Add 3/4 cup EVOO and pulse.  Add 1/2 Parmesan and pulse.
  3. Drizzle the romaine with the extra EVOO and season with salt and pepper.  Grill for 2 minutes on both sides.  
  4. Remove lettuce to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch wide strips.  Place in a bowl and drizzle with the blended dressing.  Add extra Parmesan; toss to coat and serve warm.

Suggestion:  Try this with my Slow Cooked Baby Back Pork Ribs.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment